Your vacation may be a long-awaited holiday or a spur-of-the-moment travel decision, adding a suitable travel insurance plan for a small premium to the expenses you’re going to make on your trip makes sense.
Why should you opt for travel insurance?
Travel insurance comes with multiple benefits like:
- Coverage of sudden hospitalisation and medical assistance expenses during the trip.
- Cover for ambulance or emergency transportation expenses due to illness or injury during the travel.
- Cover for missed connecting flights if the insured misses the flight for reasons beyond his control.
- Compensation of approximate cost of the baggage if the airlines lose the checked-in goods and fixed allowance on delay in receiving check-in baggage.
- Reimbursement of expenses if the airline reschedules the flight beyond eight hours.
- If you lose your passport, your insurance provider will reimburse the expense of getting a duplicate or fresh one.
Top 10 Travel Insurance Companies In India
The list is as follows:
Reliance travel insurance
This is the first of the top 10 travel insurance companies in India, because of the provision of customised travel insurance plans for solo travels, family trips, senior citizens, students, etc.
International travel insurance plan focussing on regions like the USA, Canada, Asia, etc.
An additional feature of cashless hospitalisation for senior citizens across the globe.
Offers travel insurance plans for travel plans in India and abroad.
Offers a variety of travel insurance policies to the customer.
Provides coverage for baggage loss, accident or illness during the trip, cancellation or delay of flight, death or dismemberment of insured, etc.
Travel insurance for individual travellers and families.
Pre-visa travel insurance for individuals and families travelling to Schengen countries.
An additional feature of coverage of burglary or fire at home when the insured person is travelling.
Individual plans and family plans for a family of 4 members travelling.
Offers most of the public benefits provided by travel insurance companies in India.
Offers coverage for domestic as well as international travels.
Offers specialized plans for corporate travel.
SBI General Insurance
No requirement for pre-medical examination to get travel insurance.
The policy is available for only Indians and foreign nationals working in India.
Coverage for domestic and international travels within Asia.
Customized plans for senior citizens above 71 years of age.
Travel insurance under Explore, Student Explore, and Group Explore insurance plans.
Offers various medical and non-medical benefits to the insured.
There is no requirement for a pre-medical check-up for travellers up to the age of 85.
Offers single trip, multi-trip, and senior citizens plans.
Offers a variety of customised travel insurance plans for solo travellers, families, students, and people who travel frequently.
There are several travel insurances companies in India. Compare the various travel insurance policies offered by different companies to find the ideal plan for yourself.