Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is a government organization established in December 1985 under an Act for the development and promotion of export of scheduled products. But this act was effected on 13 February 1986. The headquarters of the authority is situated in New Delhi. It provides financial assistance, information, and guidelines to the registered exports for the development of scheduled products. These products are registered under APEDA (Agricultural & processed Food Products Export Development Authority).
APEDA registration is necessary as it is for export promotion and development of scheduled products such as Vegetables, Fruits, Poultry products, Meat, dairy products, biscuits, confectionery, bakery products, jaggery, honey, what’s more, sugar items, chocolates, cocoa items, gardening items, pickles, papads, and chutneys, etc.
Objective of APEDA
The main objective of the APEDA is to promote scheduled products exports and to achieve these various functions has been the regulation of the central government. The central government made some rules and regulations for the efficient administration of the APEDA Act. The main object of APEDA is to develop direct bulk packaging systems for selected dehydrated/freeze-dried products and draw specification details.
Functions of the APEDA Authorities
- Development of industries relating to the scheduled products for export by way of providing financial assistance or undertaking surveys and feasibility studies, participation in inquiry capital through joint ventures, and other reliefs and subsidy schemes.
- Registration of exporters of the scheduled products on payment of such fees as may be prescribed.
- Setting the standards and specifications for the scheduled products for the purpose of exports.
- Carrying out inspection of products in slaughterhouses, processing plants, storage premises, conveyances, or other places where such products are kept for the purpose of ensuring the quality of the products.
- Improve the quality and marketing of scheduled products
- Advancement of commodity arranged creation and improvement of the Scheduled items.
- Assortment of insights from the proprietors of plants or foundations occupied with the creation, processing, packaging, marketing, or export of the scheduled products.
- Preparing in different parts of the ventures associated with the booked items.
Under APEDA every person who is an exporter of Scheduled Products shall obtain APEDA registration. An individual can be enlisted either as a vendor exporter or as an assembling exporter. The Application form submits within one 1month from the date of undertaking the business. The authority will issue Registration-Cum-Membership-Certificate. This registration is an only one-time registration and all the registered members are governed Act.
Documents required for Registration
- Duly signed an application form
- 1Self -Certified Copy of import and export code issued by Director-General of Foreign Trade (D.G.F.T.).
- A bank certificate is duly signed by the authorities to support the financial soundness of the applicant.
- Guaranteed duplicate of MOA (in the event of an organization) or association deed (if there should be an occurrence of organization firm) or trust deed/Memorandum of Rules & regulations (in case of trust/society).
- If any other export promotion council/Commodity Board then provide the detail of the registration.
- Subtleties of the permit given by any supporting power (DGTD, State Director of Industries, and so forth.
APEDA Registration Fees
- Rs.5000 (exclusive of GST).
- Payment can be made either online (credit/debit cards) or Offline through demand draft in favor of APEDA payable in respective cities of APEDA Offices.
- In case of refusal Government fees paid will be refunded by the registering authority.
APEDA online registration process
When every one of the reports is given to us on the web, our specialists will chip away at the application and will get you the APEDA registration certificate. The registration can be cancelled by the authority if this information is false given the following:-
- Break of rules by the enlisting authority.
- Break of conditions forced in the authentication of enlistment.
- Inability to send out the booked item for 12 back-to-back months.
After submitting all the requisite documents it will be allotted by APEDA within 10-15 days.
Validity of APEDA License
APEDA license is valid for 5 Financial Years. After the completion of 5 years, you need to renew your APEDA certificate. APEDA Registration is mandatory for the exporter who is dealing in the export of the scheduled products. Enlisted individuals under APEDA can take an interest in different preparation programs coordinated by APEDA on various scheduled products in several aspects of the Industries and on how to improve their business.
It concluded that APEDA registration is important for the development and promotion of exporters for scheduled products such as Fruits, Vegetables, Meat, Poultry Products, Dairy Products, Confectionery, Biscuits, and Bakery Products, Honey, Jaggery and Sugar Products, Cocoa items, chocolates, gardening Products. Pickles, Papads Chutneys, etc. Central government make some rules and regulations for the administration of the APEDA Act. The exporter might get brand exposure by publicizing and advancing the items with the APEDA enrolment.
We at eStartIndia provide meticulous assistance to the clients in correctly filing the APEDA Registration as per the rules.