So you are planning to visit Udaipur, ‘the Venice of Rajasthan,’ but want to avoid following the mundane route of traveling?
While it’s recommended to visit the renowned sights such as the City Palace, Lake Pichola, Saheliyo-ki-Bari, and Fateh Sagar Lake but like any other heritage-rich city, the true essence of Udaipur is in its lesser-known gems. And that is why it is said that the best way to travel is to travel like a local. Do not worry, fellow traveler. Travgenix has got you.
This article will guide you toward one of the best itineraries for Udaipur while also pointing out the off-beat spots we highly recommend, the best method, and the time to visit Udaipur.
Udaipur 3 Days Trip Itinerary:
“3 Days Udaipur Tour” covers most of the treats that Udaipur has to serve with its extensively planned out itinerary-
Day 1: Warm Welcome to the City of Lakes:
● Meet the tour guide at the pre-decided location. Proceed for hotel check-In and rest for a while.
● Get dressed up for the Sajjangarh Fort visit and explore the beauty of Hanging Gardens.
● Proceed to the next destination – Gulab Bagh (Rose Garden) and Jagmandir near Lake Pichola.
● While making your way to Fateh Sagar Lake, spend some time with rarely spotted animals at the Zoo.
● Explore Local Shopping Markets in the evening and proceed to your Hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Explore the Hidden Gems in Udaipur:
● After a delicious morning meal, get energized for a local City Tour.
● Visit Sahelion ki Baari, a heritage site constructed for women who worked with City’s Princess after marrying Maharana Pratap Singh.
● Explore the architectural aesthetics at City Palace while adorning the ivory doors, mirrored walls, and colorful glass openings.
● Next, stop by the Crystal Gallery situated at Fateh Sagar Lake and review the vast collection of crystals in the world.
● Enjoy evening speed boat rides at Fateh Sagar Lake and a variety of fishes at Under the Sun Aquarium.
● Proceed for an overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 3: Bid GoodBye to the Majestic City of Lakes:
● Get up Early to Soak the Morning Freshness, grab your morning meal, and pack your luggage.
● Meet the tour guide at Reception to complete all the Check-Out Formalities.
● Reach your selected location in Udaipur to proceed to the next planned destination.
Also checkout How to Pick The Perfect Travel Accessory.
How to Reach Udaipur?
Maharana Pratap Airport is 22 kilometers from the city. This airport is connected with all major cities in India, such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Jaipur. Many popular airlines like Indian Airlines, Jet Airways, and others have daily flights to and from Udaipur. Hire a taxi or book a prepaid taxi for traveling between the airport and the city700
Udaipur has a well-established bus service network, linking it to several cities like Delhi, Jaipur, Kota, Indore, and Ahmedabad.
Many popular trains run daily to Udaipur, including the famous ‘Palace of Wheels.’
When to Reach Udaipur?
In disarray about the best time to visit and all other things to do in Udaipur? The answer to that depends on each traveler’s personality and the experience they seek.
The Winter Season Udaipur (November to February)
The winter season has the advantage over the other two as the heat and rain can hinder your itinerary execution. Winter is the best time for those who wish to experience royalty, which is best experienced during the chilly season. Furthermore, the elegance of architecture is amplified, and the lakes give off a romantic appeal during this lovely period.
The Summer Season Udaipur (March to July)
During the summer, the temperature fluctuates between 30 and 40 degrees Celsius. Scorching temperatures bring out pool parties, chilled cocktails, and breezy fashion. The dip in hotel prices is not the only silver lining, as the Mewar Festival is also held during this period, bringing a festive zeal throughout Udaipur.
The Monsoon Season Udaipur (August to October)
Udaipur welcomes the season of rain with open arms. You can enjoy scenic boat rides, leisure activities, rooftop dining, palace tours, and festivities. The green Aravallis add a magical touch to the Udaipur scenery.